Making cookies with a two year old was definitely an experience I won’t forget…
Lucy is my niece, and she’s such a cutie. It’s always been really important to me to educate young children on where food comes from, and how to cook/bake our own food. My mum ingrained this into me, and I definitely want to help pass on the baking knowledge to little Lucy.
As you can see, she’s incredibly keen to help and be involved. I love her enthusiasm for helping in the kitchen.
- Whisk together until fluffy 200 grams of melted butter along with 200 grams of caster sugar
- Whisk in 1 egg, and a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Sift in 1 cup of plain flour and fold together gently
- Wrap dough in clingfilm and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Remove cookies from the fridge, roll out and use cookie cutters to shape your cookies
- Pop them in the oven for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven – they should be slightly yellow but not golden.
- Rest on a wire rack until cool.
Whisk together 1 cup of icing sugar, 2 teaspoons of milk and 2 teaspoons of melted butter until combined. Spoon into a piping bag and you’re ready to get creative!
I hope you enjoyed this baking video. It’s a little bit long but I’m new to working with video.