When I first caught a glimpse of the Dollface dress by Vixen, it was the easiest decision I’ve ever made to put in my Etsy order. And it’s easy to see why.
Basically, Micheline is a genius (who didn’t already know this), and this swing dress just feels SO.DAMN.RIGHT in so many ways. I literally remember saying to myself the first time I saw a preview “Oh damn… I need this all up on my body”. Did I mention it was inspired by the iconic black and white vintage Barbie swimsuit?
Do you know what I’ve also really liked? It’s been such a pleasure following all the photos of beautiful, happy customers in the Vixen Salon group wearing this new dress. I love it!
A few mentions from me on what I’m loving about the Dollface:
- The stripe panels on the skirt are perfectly aligned
- The swing skirt is so
- The bodice is lined and fused has no under bust seam – which means all shapes of boobies look freaking glorious in this frock and are fully supported (I’m not wearing a bra in these images)
- The hidden fully functional pockets actually exist and these babies are deep
- The straps are adjustable and there is a back zip
- Removal black belt
- It’s freaking beautiful in each and every way.
There are a few ways I want to wear this… a classic pinup look, a rockabilly look and a vamp look.
- A moto jacket covered in pins and heels/cute ankle boots
- A darker Vamp style turned up to 100
- Casual summer look with ballet flats and a cardigan
- I also like to try different coloured belts and matching coloured accessories.
This dress comes in sizes from XS up to 4X. I’m wearing the size M and it’s perfect on me – my measurements are 36″-29″-41″ if that helps others who are similar to me. I followed the size chart on Etsy which made it super easy.
The fabric is made up of a mix of cotton and spandex – care instructions on the label include the following…. Personally, I’ll be hand washing this garment just because I’m paranoid and want to keep it in good condition for as long as possible.
I don’t tend to wear pink very often but occasionally I’m in the right mood for it. I love how the other Dollface colourway is a darker more striking shade of pink too.
So far I literally have no critics about the Dollface dress. I always strive to be completely honest about a product I’m reviewing on my blog. I purchased this dress myself, and this review is 100% my own.
Dollface Dress outfit details:
- Jacket – unbranded
- Dollface Dress – Vixen by Micheline Pitt
- Belts – Vixen by Micheline Pitt
- Shoes – Number 1 Shoe Warehouse
- Sun Jellies Bag – Two Lippy Ladies
- Earrings – Retro Resins
- Bangles – Thifted
- Makeup – Mac Cosmetics & Besame
P.S. this Black Sun Jellies bag is one of my favourite bags ever. I used to have the pale buttery yellow shade and used it literally to death.
I was gifted this one by the lovely ladies at Two Lippy Ladies in Napier. They have kindly gifted you all with a code for 10% off your next order.
Just type in the code ‘Jellycake’ at the checkout, easy as!